- Accelerate Prosperity Pakistan - Startups
- International Transdisciplinary Conference on language, culture and Revival
- Aquaculture Business Incubation And Fish Farming
- Discovery of the Cross in Kowardo
- Engaging Pakistani Youth in Science & Technology
- International Seminar on Unity in Diversity
- Risk Reduction of Natural Calamities
- HEC Workshop
- Pakistan Water Partnership
- Research Methodology
Pakistan Water Partnership
Cordially Invites to “Scoping Meeting for High altitude Impacts on Global Warming with Implications for Agriculture, Forestry, Water Resources and Development” at PTDC Hall Skardu in Collaboration with University of Baltistan, Skardu.
Date: 21th Sept. 2017
Time: 10:30 am
Guest Lecture by Dr. Pervaiz Amir, Board of DirectorWater Partnership
An important lecture was delivered by a renowned water specialist Dr. Amir Pervaiz at the University of Baltistan Skardu. The objective of the lecture was to share knowledge on climate change on water and SDGs and to identify researchable issues related to climate change and water in GB. The Climate Change Challenges are enormous for Pakistan and multifaceted and GB has a special significance in the context is very close to glaciers and water reservoirs. The lecture covers the water resource status and highlighted recent viewpoints in the context. The highland glaciers are shrinking by an amount equivalent to all the water in the giant Indus river each year. The SDGs Goal 6 “Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all” was also discussed in detail. The session was concluded by a vote of thanks by Dr. Ghulam Raza Head of Biological Science University of Baltistan, Skardu.